Thursday 20 October 2011

Wooden Toys

It has been rather busy in our household lately, hence the lack of blog entries over the past week and a half!  I actually had good intentions to attend to the mountain of washing awaiting me after the boys were all asleep tonight, but decided it was time to give my blog a little attention instead.

It's very exciting to see the boys all growing, achieving milestones and developing new skills.  It is also very full-on at times which I'm sure is to be expected with three busy little boys all under school-age!  Amongst the chaos however, we've shared some really lovely times and funny moments lately.  I've been trying to have the camera on hand to capture precious moments and have been making an effort to record all the amusing statements coming out of their little mouths in the gorgeous book my hubby gave me a few years ago - 'My Quotable Kid'.  I might even share some of these funny quotes with you at some stage.

It is also that time of year when I start thinking about Christmas presents!  I love it actually.  I found it quite amusing when Damon recently told me that he doesn't need any more toys because he's got enough already!  Yes, it's true - I am very well aware that, like most kids these days, my boys already have plenty of toys and don't really need many (if any!) more, so I am not going to go overboard by any means ... but I have to admit that Christmas shopping for the kids is fun!  Besides, we had a garage sale on the weekend and weeded out a few of the things the boys no longer use.  So, I am now trying to think of a few 'quality' things for the boys.  When it comes to wish lists, Rowan and Kallan are really too young to tell me what they would like, but Damon has finally suggested that he wants something with 'batteries'.  Hmmm, time to get thinking ...

Speaking of toys, there is just something that I find so appealing about wooden toys!  I'm not sure if it's the classic, old-fashioned element, the sturdy, long-lasting construction, the good-quality feel, the simplicity or the beauty that draws me to wooden toys, but I just love them!  I just couldn't resist picking up a few gorgeous wooden things recently for the boys this Christmas ... shhhhh!

Before I sign out for the night, I thought I would share some of the wooden toys that the boys already have and really enjoy playing with.  Aren't they just lovely?


Bajo abacus and vehicle


Pet stacker from Bambini Pronto, Bajo plane, car and snail rattle & cute teething rattle


Gorgeous pull-along rabbit given to Damon by his grandparents for his second Easter


Classic wooden blocks - the boys love to make towers!

No comments:

Post a Comment