Sunday 23 October 2011

Little Old Bookstand

I've been feeling particularly creative lately - all sorts of ideas keep popping into my head!  It has been a little challenging to actually put these ideas into practice as it's a bit busy at our place at the moment, but I am adding them all to my lists of 'Things to Do' and will get to them eventually.

Thought I'd share my latest little project ...

I was very excited when my hubby brought home a little old wire bookstand the other day!  I had been telling him to keep an eye out for any of those vintage wire newspaper or postcard racks that I have occasionally seen in childrens' rooms on Ohdeedoh - thought they'd be a nice and practical addition to the boys' rooms.  Well, this little old bookstand is even better than I was hoping for - just the right size to sit beside the little chair in Rowan's room, holding a selection of smallish-sized books for him to read!  Better still, it cost nothing as hubby rescued it from being thrown out at his work - yay!  So, as soon as time permits, the plan is to clean it up, replace the strips of make-shift cardboard on the bottom of the shelves with MDF and then give it a few coats of paint!  Can't wait to add it to Rowan's reading nook and share the finished product with you.


Now, here's a sneak peak at what I'm planning to share in my next post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment