Tuesday 28 February 2012

Firsts and Crafty Things

Hello from The Bluebird Nest!  The past month has been a busy one for my little bluebirds.  We've had quite a few 'firsts' ... the emergence of Kallan's first two little bottom teeth, his first taste of solid food, Rowan's first day of Pre-Kinder and Damon's first day of 'big' Kinder, just to name some of the milestones.  Exciting times for our family!

Life in the 'Nest' has been busy, but fulfilling.  In addition to Kinder drop-offs and pick-ups (and staying at Pre-Kinder with Rowan until he turns three!), housework (mountains of washing!) and numerous outings, I have been cherishing the quality time spent at home with my beautiful little ones.  I know I've said it many times before, but I just can't get over how quickly they are growing up!

Despite my days being rather busy, I still make sure I squeeze in some little creative projects here and there to keep me sane.  I'm not good at sitting still and always have a million ideas of 'things to make and do' buzzing around in my head - definitely never bored, that's for sure!  Here are some examples of the crafty things I enjoy doing in any spare moments I may find ...



Jazzed up the doll house by making some 'retro' floor coverings - found some retro print wrapping paper from Kmart, laminated it and then cut it to size and there you have it ... shiny new retro floors! (I must add that the little house does not usually look so tidy, hehe!)


Decorated some biscuit tins for Playroom storage - Used some 'wood grain' contact adhesive paper, (also from Kmart) to cover some large tins, then trimmed them with red heavy-duty tape around the top!  Fits in well with the decor and the kids love filling them up with all sorts of things and carting them around - as kids do!


Covered Rowan's Letter 'R' with some gorgeous retro patterned scrapbook paper I found in Spotlight.
Looks rather nice on his bookshelf!

Now for a sneak peek of what I'm working on tonight ...


Yes, another little shindig is just around the corner and I'm having a ball making all the little 'bits and pieces', organising the decorations, menu and activities.  More details later ... I shall keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment